Friday, September 7, 2012

Soaking Up the Last of Summer

I think we can safely assume that this girl has joy in her heart.


Pure, tangible JOY.


Oh, how happy she makes me.


How utterly happy.






Last night we had fun soaking up some of the last rays of summer.  The kind of summer evening that is spontaneous and full of laughter.

I decided to throw some Tequila Lime Chicken on the grill so Molly and I were playing in the backyard when my dad came home from rescuing my phone from the church parking lot.  He came out to join us and water the shriveling garden.


While I was turning chicken, I hear "hey, do you care if she gets wet...because she is."  Ha!  Don't you love it!


So naturally I said, "no, but let me grab my camera!"



I know that summer continues to linger around here until well into October and that it's not even technically fall for another couple weeks, but every year I live in denial starting in September.  I have already burned a fall candle folks.  Rumor has it we are getting a cool front this weekend.  One can dream.  We did have fun with our "last day of summer" though!

No comments:

Post a Comment