Monday, July 4, 2011

All American Baby

I am quickly realizing how fast time really does fly.  I am also realizing how quickly things you intend to get done, easily get pushed aside, no matter how good your intentions.  Molly is 3 months old already and I haven't updated a post since she was two weeks old!  I fully intended on writing a blog post on her 3 month birthday, however, I am having technical difficulties.  My computer has died and I am still trying to figure out if it is a problem with my charger, battery, or something else.  So my computer is dead, with all my pictures on it, and I feel lost.  Yes, I could still write a 3 month post, but what is a blog post without pictures of the baby?! 

I will write one though.  I actually discovered today while I was taking 4th of July pictures that all of her 3 month pictures are still on my camera! Yay!  So, hopefully I will do that tomorrow, somewhere between naps, feedings, playtime, and homework.  Seriously ;)

Anyway, today was Molly's First 4th of July!  And since I am trying to do the good Mommy thing be dilegant and write blog posts on/about specific milestones (which I have failed at miserably so far...), I wanted to write one for today. 

We had a fun filled day spent with lots of family, sun, and good food.  My Aunt Donna and Uncle Eric are moving into their new house soon but the pool was ready so we all took advantage of it.  Molly loves being in the water!  She was such a trooper and does so well even when she is out of her ellement and her routine is thrown off.  She is a very flexible baby!

Of course, with the wildfire dangers this year, fireworks have been banned.  So she wasn't able to experience fireworks yet, though she probably wouldn't have enjoyed them, or she might have surprised me.  Who knows.  Next year will be another story entirely!

So here are Molly's First 4th of July pictures!

Yes, that is a mosquito bite on her face :(  She got it inside of all places.


These are basically the same picture....but I couldn't decide which one I like better.


 When I first recieved this swimsuit as a shower gift, I never dreamed it would fit her by July.  I thought surely she would have outgrown it.  But she's so itsy bitsy still that it fits perfectly!


On a side note, I am practicing my photography skills.  It's been a while since the couple classes I took and honestly, I didn't take much away from them.  They were film classes and the only thing I cared to learn at the time was how to develop film.  Little good that's doing me now.  It seems such a waste having such a nice, expensive DSLR camera and using it on fully automatic.  So I have made the scary venture from automatic and switched to manual.  I am actually pretty pleased with my progress so far.  I still have a lot to learn though! 

I have also been practicing food photography. Since I absolutely love baking and cooking, I would love to blog about it...but I feel as if I need to be able to take appetizing pictures of my concoctions. So, for starters, here is what I did today.  Let's just say that I'm not absolutely thrilled with the results, but I like them enough to post.

This was a Red (and blue) Velvet Cake.

This was a mini Red, White, and Blueberry Trifle that my mom made.  It was delicious!


I feel like I still have a long ways to go when it comes to true food photography but at least they look appetizing!  Learning digital photo editing will be next, so I can learn how to color fix and whatnot.  Good thing I'm taking a digital media class this semester!


So, hopefully this is the start to better blogging. It's going to take a huge leap up on my priority list. Way above laundry. I've been told that no matter how much I think I will remember these sweet and precious days, I will one day realize how much I forgot. That makes me so sad to think about. So for now, the laundry can wait. Memories need to be made, shared, and remembered.

No comments:

Post a Comment