Tuesday, July 5, 2011

3 Months Old Already!

I planned on writing this post ON her 3 month birthday, but my computer had other plans for me, so here it is a week later.  Better late than never though, right?  I wish that I had been better about updating my blog on a monthly basis but I will start now.  Not to get to ambitious knowing my track record and all but I really do hope to write at least one post every month. That is definitely doable.  It will be so nice to one day look back and see her monthly progress.
 
I still can't believe my baby girl is 3 months old!  She has changed so much and is growing so fast!  She is such a good baby!  It is so much fun to see her becoming aware of her little world.  She always has a very inquisitive look on her face as she studies her surroundings, trying to figure everything out.


So what has changed in her 3 months of life?
  • She now weighs 11.4 lbs
  • She still wears certain newborn dresses, all 0-3 month clothes, and a few 3-6 month clothes
  • She is very long and slender so she grows out of clothes in length even if they're still baggy elsewhere (hence the newborn dresses)
  • She is wearing size 2 diapers and ruined an outfit or two with blowouts while we were transitioning from size ones because I was too cheap to let an open pack of size ones go to waste
  • She loves "talking" and having "conversations" with Momma
  • She is sleeping through the night which is only briefly interrupted by a 4am feeding
  • She is putting herself to sleep like a pro for naps and bedtime
  • She has learned to roll over.  First from back to stomach.  Then stomach to back.
  • She has graduated from the swaddle
  • She is very interested in the food we eat--she almost reached out for my banana the other day
  • She will give you the biggest smile if you talk to her sweetly, especially to her Poppa (my dad)
  • She isn't laughing out loud yet but she laughs with her eyes.
  • She loves to sing with her Mimi (my mom)
  • She has started to cuddle with her Lovie (a soft and silky bunny)
  • She loves to suck on her hands and arms, she's even given herself a hickey!
  • Actually, she loves to suck/chew on anything that gets near her mouth.  Someones hand, finger, chin, nose, cheek...anything.
  • She loves being outdoors
  • She loves when Daddy dances with her while making silly noises
  • She hates to be held like a baby (because she thinks she's a big girl).  She would much rather, sit, stand, or face the world, even though she still needs a great deal of assistance. And she is very proud of herself!
  • She is a very assertive little girl who knows what she wants.  This will take her far in life.
And I love every ounce of who she is becoming!
2 1/2 Months

2 1/2 Months

2 1/2 Months

 2 1/2 Months

 2 1/2 Months

 3 Months

 3 Months

3 Months

She is no longer this little newborn who just lies there looking cute and helpless.  I can't believe how much she has changed in this little amount of time.  She is already a quarter of a year old.  Time flies way too quickly.  I find myself at times saying "I can't wait until she can____"  but then I immediately take back my words.  I know she will eventually reach every milestone and all of her "firsts" but when she does I will look back and say "Aww, I remember when _____, I wish I could go back to that."  I am trying to live in the moment and enjoy where she is in her little life right now.  I can't go back or speed forward.  I only have now.  And now is perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment