Sunday, October 30, 2011

First Halloween!


Today is Molly's first Halloween!  Halloween is a funny holiday though because there is not much for a 7 month old to really enjoy.  Regardless, it is exciting and we do what we can!  There are so many cute halloween outfits out there but I am proud of myself for avoiding them!  They are so cute and technically can be worn even after the holiday is over, but the truth is I wouldn't put her in it after the holiday passed and I didn't want to spend money on something she would only wear a few times.  

Of course, I have a complete double standard and bought an adorable costume for her to wear!  Once. Maybe twice.  But she is the cutest tiger ever.  When I bought the costume, she was making growling sounds and I just so happened to see this at a resale shop and thought it was perfect!  Naturally, she stopped making the growling sounds soon after I bought it but she was adorable nonetheless.  

We celebrated Halloween by going to the Fall Festival at our church yesterday.  It was a lot of fun.  Molly enjoyed being outdoors and looking at all of the people and the ponies.  She even got to do one of her favorite things...bouncing!  They had a baby sized bouncy house and I held her and bounced her on the side.  I was too paranoid to let her in the ball portion of it.  She would have loved it...but the balls were dirty and she eats EVERYTHING. 




She hung out in her costume for most of the rest of the day.  She looked so cute in it I couldn't bear to take it off.  Plus it looked super comfy, kind of like her sleepers, or a snuggie.  I kind of wanted one myself.

I do after all have to get some use out of this costume since she is not trick-or-treating this year.  I wonder how long I can get away with the "It's past your bedtime" excuse?  Hopefully we will get some trick-or-treaters coming by before she is in bed for the night.  

Then it will be a usual evening for me.  Red wine and homework.  Only tonight I will be getting up every five seconds to give candy to adorable kids in costumes.  Not a bad night if you ask me! 

In my last post, I mentioned that Austin and I carved a pumpkin when he was here.  This is our Molly Pumpkin.  It's pretty accurate, complete with a headband and bow and two front teeth!








I hope everyone has a fun, safe, and responsible Halloween!


No comments:

Post a Comment