Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Signs of Spring

Today is March 1st and I couldn't be happier.  Although spring doesn't officially make it's debut for another couple weeks, here in Texas, spring seems to be in full swing.  This morning it was a beautiful 63 degrees outside which made it so nice for sitting in the backyard and throwing the ball with my puppy.


As I sat there, throwing the ball over and over again, I looked around me and saw so many signs of spring all over our little yard and garden!

The Bradford Pear has little buds all over!

The strawberries survived the frosts and are starting to bloom

Even the rosemary has little purple buds

The broccoli is left over from the winter garden but is still very abundant

The holly tree is already blooming too which means it's time to start the spring garden so we don't miss the bees

Speaking of bees, they are already busy pollinating the broccoli!

All of these signs make me feel so happy!  Spring is a perfect season in my opinion.  New life, fresh foods, windows open, ideal temperatures, sunny days and light breezes!  Although it doesn't last very long here and it will be summer before I know it, I think that makes it so much easier to take time to appreciate the season and not take it for granted.  I am so happy that my baby girl will be born in the spring time!  I never would have been able to plan it more perfectly.  I am looking forward to sitting on a quilt in the grass with my baby girl and enjoying the rest of this beautiful season with her!

Of course, we will never be able to sit in the backyard without Theo wanting to play fetch!  But that is what I love about him.  He is so full of energy and life!  I am really glad I got him a Chuckit and I recommend anyone with a fetch loving dog to get one of these.  Theo loves it because it lets me launch the ball farther than I could ever dream of doing.  I have actually been wanting to get one of these for a long time because he seeks out the people at the dog park who have these and plays with them.  I finally broke down and bought one because I realized that I could use it to pick up the ball without bending down and without touching "yucky ball" which will both be invaluable aspects once Molly is hanging out with us.  It all became worth it the first time he saw me with the Chuckit and he started running circles around me!  He was a very happy puppy today!  After about an hour of running after the ball he finally took a rest in the grass but I know that he will be ready to play soon again!



No comments:

Post a Comment